Video conference software for your web site.
Also available as:
Joomla! 1.5 & 2.5 Component
AVConference Build 84 Brings a Lot of Improvements
July 16, 2013
We have been busy working on AVConference during the past week and we managed to add a lot of new features and improvements, so let’s get to it.
Here are all the new feature added:
- Implemented new setting autoCloseCams that when set to 1 when a user that is being watched leaves the room, his webcam will be removed from the stage instead of saying “this user has left the room” or “this user has stopped broadcasting”.
- When asking for webcam access AVConference now shows the ‘Privacy’ dialog box with 3 options: allow, deny and remember instead of the one with just 2 options.
- When a camera is closed all the other cams are now rearranged.
- Implemented new setting disableCameraWindowResize in avc_settings.xxx that controls whether or not the web-cam window can be resized or not (when resizing is turned off the red resizing corner disappers and zooming in/out with the mouse wheel is disabled).
- Added four new tags, <displayWidth>, <displayHeight>, <othersDisplayWidth> and <othersDisplayHeight> in the audio-video quality profiles XML files, that allow the user to set the width and height of his webcam area and other webcam areas independent of the actual stream resolution.
- Implemented a JS API that gives you the connection status of AVConference. When AVConference attempts to connect to the media server it will call the netConnectionStatus JS function found in index.html and admin.html.
- Implemented new setting windowsFontColor found in avc_settings.xxx that controls the color of all the texts/titles inside the windows.
- Added new setting (hideUsersList ) that controls whether or not the users-list will be hidden or not. If this setting is set to 1, along with setting fileSharingEnabled to 0 and allowSendAudioVideo to 0, AVConference can be set to function as an instant messenger, so this makes it very customizable. Here’s how it looks set as mentioned above:
- Added new setting (errorTextColor) that controls the color of the errors shown.
- Added new setting (loginTextColor) that controls the color of the login texts.
- Microphone and camera icons can now be changed by replacing camera.gif and mic.gif.
Here are all the fixes that we’ve made:
- Fixed issue with web-cam windows not auto-positioning correctly.
- Fixed issue with disableGenderSelection not working properly.
- Fixed issue with login elements not being centered relative to the flash area.
- Fixed issue with text that was showing at the top
How to download and upgrade:
You can download this new build of AVConference from your client account.
Steps to upgrade an old installation:
- overwrite all old client side files.
- overwrite the media server files and restart the media server.
Fixed Bug in AVConference Integration Kit for Joomla! 2.5 (build 61)
November 19, 2012
We’ve just updated the AVConference integration kit for Joomla! 2.5 to fix a bug that we found in the installation process:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/content/99/9608899/html/components/com_avconference/chat/integration.php on line 5
and we wanted to assure everybody that had a problem with the installation that they can now download the new version (build 61) can proceed to install the integration kit for Joomla! 2.5.
Joomla! 1.5 update for AVConference
November 7, 2012
I just repaired the bug in Joomla! 1.5 integration for AVConference that required the file avc_settings.php when you were installing the product.
I also updated the documentation for Joomla! 1.5 integration to better reflect the changes.
Please note that Joomla! 2.5 is out and is a very welcomed update for your Joomla! website. It features a lot of improvements and security updates and also a lot of bug fixes. On top of that, the 1.5 version has reached the end of it’s life cycle and they do not support it any more since April.
AVConference for Joomla! 2.5 (build 59)
September 22, 2012
I am happy to announce that now AVConference is working with Joomla! 2.5. You can now benefit from the advantages of Joomla! 2.5 and never worry that your favorite video chat system will not be compatible.
For installation instructions, visit the dedicated page: http://avconference.net/documentation/avconference-installation
You can download the latest version (build 59) from your private client area.
How much does it cost? This update is included in the price of the AVConference that you bought from http://avconference.net
Small AVConference Update (Build 56)
July 12, 2012
We’re releasing a small update to AVConference today that adds 2 important things:
- instance independent upload folders: from now on people connected to the _roomA_ instance on the media server will not share files with people connected too _roomB_ instance for example. For more information on separating users in rooms/instances with AVConference see this article: http://avconference.net/documentation/avconference-rooms
- the path to the files in the file sharing panel, when clicked, is controlled by the path property in the XML returned by getfilelist.php .
The corresponding source files have also been uploaded.
To get the latest build visit your private client area and download it.
This latest build is not yet available to trial users.
Small update to AVConference (build 54)
May 9, 2012
We’re making a new build of AVConference today with a few small improvements:
- new option: userCanDragWindows in avc_settings.xxx that controls weather or not a user can drag the windows
- correct description and default value of variable languageCode in avc_settings.asp
- small typo fixes in all config files
- removed avc_settings.php from the J! 1.5 Component
To get the latest build you can visit your private client/trial area.
Small update to our AVConference software (build 46)
November 20, 2011
Today we’re releasing a small update to our AVConference software, an update that finally implements some of the low hanging features we’ve had on our plate:
1. We’ve added a way to specify which language files AVConference should use ( languageCode option in avc_settings.xxx ) . This will allow webmasters to keep 2 or more AVConference translations available at the same time.
2. We’ve added the ability to change the color of the windows and of the send text button (windowsColor and sendColor options in avc_settings.xxx).
3. We’ve removed the small keyboard icon that was annoyingly showing up above the text chat input area.
Where to get the update:
The new AVConference archive (build 46) is now available for download from your private clients/trial area.
How to update an existing installation:
Only the .swf files and the avc_settings.xxx files have been changed so is is enough to overwrite the old ones with the new ones (also clear your browser cache in the process).
New AVConference Build 38
October 2, 2011
It’s been a while since we officially updated AVConference but over time we’ve actually silently added a few features and fixed some issues. Today we’re officially announcing all those improvements in build 38. Here’s what’s new:
- Fixed issue witch new webcam windows appearing over the old webcam windows
- randomVar flash var added to the HTML embed code, this var is sent over to avc_settingx.xxx
- cleaned up HTML files
- Flash Player 8 is needed to run AVConference in the browser
- new video-chat-only mode in which the users list, text chat and file sharing panel disappear
- new floating mode user interface where the text chat, users list and file sharing area occupy the both 50% of the video conference area
- various small bug fixes, comments and in line documentation updates
You can download the new build from your client area, you have received a link to it when you purchased AVConference.
To update your installation just overwrite your old files with the new ones (including the media server files) and restart the media server. If you want to do a clean install the installation instructions for AVconference are here.
AVCONFERENCE IS LAUNCHED
April 25, 2007
AVConference is a new software that is best suited for live events broadcasting, e-learning, video conferences, seminars, etc. . It supports file sharing, and can also be used in conjunction with the Flash Media Encoder to push better quality video to your users.